This year EA decided to hold their E3 press conference ahead of the official start of E3 tomorrow.
This year EA have decided to get a head start on E3 but holding their EA Play Press Conference on the Sunday before the official start of E3 2016. They had a lot to talk about, from existing franchises such as FIFA and Madden, to sequels to Titanfall, Battlefield and a whole lot of Star Wars. One of the more interesting announcements was aimed at Indie game developers. Called “EA Originals”, a new publishing platform to spotlight new and unique Indie games.
However it’s the games that many are attracted to when it come to E3, below we list the titles in the order they were announced:
- One of the biggest announcements for Titanfall 2 will be the inclusion of a single-player campaign. This was one of the most requested features of Respawn’s original Titanfall. EA also released a trailer dedicated to this new story driven campaign, showing the bond between a pilot and their Titan, reminiscent of Terminator 2.
- While the inclusion of a single-player campaign is a welcome, it’s the multiplayer that will keep gamers invested. EA announced that as well as new maps and Titans to pilot, players will also be able to customise their experience with new equipment, weapons and abilities. A second trailer showing off the multiplayer was also shown.
- Titanfall 2 Multiplayer Beta will be coming ahead of the title’s launch, more information will be available soon.
- A new Battlefield 1 trailer was previewed. Showing new weapons, an exploding Zeppelin and a an armoured train.
Mass Effect Andromeda
- An anticipated tile for many year, we got to see a little more of Mass Effect Andromeda in a new trailer. While the trailer didn’t appear to reveal many new details, it does appear to show humanity pushing out further into space, exploring new star systems.
- EA detailed a number of upcoming Star Wars titles heading to PC and consoles over the next few years. A number of EA’s developers are all working on Star Wars titles including DICE, Respawn, BioWare and Visceral.
- Details on a number of announced and previously unannounced Star Wars titles were mentioned, as well as a look at EA’s roadmap for future titles in the series.
- FIFA 17 will introduce a new story-based career mode. You will follow the journey of Alex Hunter as he works his way up through the English Premier League. This mode will be exclusive to Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC.
- FIFA 17 will introduce real-life managers into the title for the first time ever.
- The title will be moving across to EA’s FrostBite engine, allowing for more dynamic physics and player animations.
- Madden 17 will introduce a new “Play the Moment” mode allowing players to replay some of the greatest NFL moments.
- EA also released a new trailer of Madden 17 highlighting many of the new game’s features.
As always we will be bringing you new news throughout E3 and beyond on all the latest titles. Check out the E3 2016 hub to be kept up to date.